I have been attending Orange Theory Fitness on a regular basis for over a year now and I have to say this is one of the most challenging and effective workouts I have ever tried. Since the workout is heart rate based you are constantly challenging your own body. This is one of my favorite things about the workout, because it never gets easier. Meaning, you get in better shape, but as a result, you need to push yourself even harder to hit your zones. If you are not familiar with the Orange Theory workout you can read about it here for a better understanding of the workout and the different heart rate zones you will experience.
Things I love about the workout:
- Heart rate based - Even when I think I am pushing myself hard, my heart rate lets me know if I can/should push even harder.
- It’s divided into blocks - This type of class set up makes the workout go by super fast.
- The overall atmosphere - They use low lit orange lighting in the studio which I love, very forgiving and flattering.
- It’s always challenging - This is a big problem with a lot of workouts, they become less challenging the more often you go. Not Orange Theory, simply put it is always hard.
- The coaches know their stuff - I have yet to meet an Orange Theory instructor who isn’t super knowledgeable when it comes to health and fitness. For the most part, they are all athletes and fitness experts who can help provide tips for achieving your health and fitness goals.
- The motivation - On a regular basis you will find that the studios do various competitions, such as running a mile as fast as you can, rowing 2,000 meters as fast as possible, or completing 1,000 reps in the weight room. I love these challenges, mostly because I am able to see what I can actually accomplish when challenged.
Downsides about the workout:
- It’s expensive - Yes, the memberships are on the pricey side, but in my opinion it’s totally worth the money.
- It’s hard - This is definitely not an easy workout. You will sweat, you will be out of breath, but you will see results, no doubt about it.
- You will be sore - After your workout you will most likely be sore, and if you are not, you probably didn’t push yourself hard enough.
Overall, I absolutely love this workout. I have thought about getting rid of my membership many times due to wanting to workout outside, but I simply cannot get rid of it. It works, you will see results. Try it out!