Valentine’s Day is a day filled with love. Love for our significant other, love for our children, love for our family, but what about loving yourself? Far too often we forget to show ourselves the same love, kindness, and compassion that we show others. Take a moment and think about the last kind words you said about yourself. Can you think of any? If you are like most of us probably not and that is so incredibly sad. It is much easier to get down on ourselves for not having the body we want, for eating something we “shouldn’t” have, not getting our workout in, or, in general, just not feeling good enough in many aspects of our lives.
I am here to tell you that you are enough. You are amazing just the way you are. So, quit being so damn mean to yourself.
This Valentine’s Day Love Yourself – We Challenge You to do These 5 Simple Things:
- Immediately in the morning think of one thing you love about yourself.
- If you find yourself thinking negatively about your body, focus on something physically (your booty, hair, smile, etc.) that is pretty darn amazing, something you like physically about your body.
- Stop the negative talk – If you catch yourself talking about yourself in a negative way turn the conversation into something more positive. Example, “I have gained so much weight and hate my body”, turn this into, “I really want to get more physically fit, would you be interested in working out together?”.
- Do something just for you. Show yourself that you care and do something nice for yourself. Splurge on a fancy bath bomb for a relaxing hot bath, buy yourself that pair of shoes you have had your eye on, or take an hour out of your chaotic day for some down time to relax.
- Accept and love yourself just the way you are. This is a tough one and you will constantly need to remind yourself that you are enough just the way you are. It is important to remember we are all just a work in progress, but the important thing is to love yourself each step of the way on that journey.
It is too easy to forget about ourselves. Take Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to show your self some love, compassion, and kindness.
Articles You Might Like…