Let’s face it we have all been there…you know exactly what I am talking about…those evenings where you go out to have just one drink with friends and that one drink turns into many many drinks leaving you to feel less that ideal the next day. The pounding headache, the upset stomach, and the dizziness – hangovers are awful.
Here are Some Simple Tips for Curing a Hangover:
- Hydration – a hangover is partly caused by dehydration and the quickest way to cure that pounding headache is to drink plenty of H20. Try to plan ahead and avoid the dehydration by drinking one full glass of water for every alcoholic beverage.
- Sleep – Sleep deprivation can intensify the symptoms of a hangover, so catching some zzz’s might actually help make a hangover a bit more bearable.
- Eating a Good Breakfast – “Excessive drinking can throw off the balance of the chemicals in your blood and cause metabolic acidosis, which is characterized by an increase in acidity. It could be associated with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and fatigue.” Read full article. So reaching for the plate of bacon and eggs might be the perfect way to easy that queasy stomach.
- Sweat it Out – It may seem like the last thing you want to do, but one of the best way to ease a hangover is to get moving and sweat it out! Go for a bike ride, go to a fitness class, or hit the sauna.
- Hair of the Dog – That’s right head out for brunch and grab a bloody mary.
While there are not sure fire ways to cure a hangover, these 5 simple tips might help you to recover a bit quicker. The best way to cure a hangover? Don’t get one to start with…easier said than done, right?