Impress Your Party Guests With a New Spin On Sushi With Sushi Donuts!
These sushi donuts are the perfect party piece & loads of fun to make!
For the Rice:
370g Sushi Rice
120ml Rice Wine Vinegar
50g Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
There are lots of ingredients you can use to dress your Sushi Donuts. Here are the ingredients we used
Black Onion Seeds / Nigella Seeds / Chia Seeds
Rapeseed Oil – this is NOT a typo – rapeseed oil is the British name for Canola oil.
1. Rinse the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear. Transfer into a bigger saucepan and cover with 700ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
2. Allow the rice to cool.
3. In a small saucepan mix the rice vinegar, oil, sugar & salt. Cook over a moderate heat until all the sugar dissolves.
4. Allow the mix to cool.
5. Stir the cooled liquid into the rice & let it absorb
6. Put a splash of oil in each section of your donut tin (this stage is absolutely necessary)
7. Put some sushi rice in each section of the donut tin & push the rice in so the donuts come out nice & tight
8. Once all the sections are full of rice, brush them with a light coating of oil
9. Put a sheet of parchment paper over the top of the tin & then put a metal baking tray over the top of the parchment paper & carefully flip it so the base of the donut tray is facing upward
10. Carefully pick the Donut tray up
11. Dress the donuts with ingredients of your choice
Recipe Courtesy of Bosh!